Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2
Based on AMD B550 chipset, this ATX motherboard lets you take full advantage of the latest AMD Ryzen 5000 Series (3rd Gen Ryzen) processors, thanks to the board’s superb components, advanced circuit design, and beefy heatsinks that give efficient cooling and a professional look. Enjoy ultra-fast PCIe 4.0 connectivity for your graphics card and M.2 SSDs. And onboard lighting with RGB Fusion empowers you to customize brilliant, dynamic lighting, and synchronize with an ever-growing portfolio of compatible peripherals like coolers, keyboards, mice, headphones, and more.
- Supports AMD Ryzen 5000 Series / 3rd Gen Ryzen and 3rd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Graphics Processors
- Dual Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- 12+2 Phases Digital Twin Power Design with 50A DrMOS
- Advanced Thermal Design with Enlarged Surface Heatsinks
- Ultra Durable PCIe 4.0 x16 Slot
- Dual Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with One Thermal Guard
- AMP-UP Audio with ALC1200 and WIMA Capacitors
- Blazing Fast 2.5GbE LAN with Bandwidth Management
- Front USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C and DisplayPort & HDMI for Multiple Display
- RGB FUSION 2.0 Supports Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips
- Smart Fan 5 Features Multiple Temperature Sensors, Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
- Pre-installed I/O Shield for Easy and Quick Installation
In the dark, starless night, the falcon strikes fear into the heart of its prey. Even with minimal visibility, the falcon pinpoints its prey and patiently anticipates the perfect moment to swoop in for the kill. The falcon with its laser sharp gaze dominates the darkness of night in the same manner that AORUS Core Lighting illuminates the vast AORUS ecosystem.
AMD StoreMI Technology
GIGABYTE B550 motherboards maximize your PC’s potential with AMD StoreMI technology. StoreMI accelerates traditional storage devices to reduce boot times and enhance the overall user experience. This easy-to-use utility combines the speed of SSDs with the high capacity of HDDs into a single drive, enhances the read/write speeds of the device to match that of SSDs, bolsters data performance for incredible value, and transforms the everyday PC to a performance driven system.
The benefits of AMD StoreMI:
- Making the PC experience fast, smooth and easy
- Optimizing computer responsiveness from system boot to application launch
- Offering SSD performance with HDD capacity at an affordable cost
- Quickly accessing key files by automatically learning users’ computing behaviors
ULTIMATE POWER DESIGN
To fully support the latest 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors, B550 AORUS motherboards are equipped with the ultimate power solution which is power balanced, digital and multiple phases. After countless experiments and testing, GIGABYTE presents the unbeatable B550 AORUS motherboards for enthusiasts. No compromise and never stop to achieve higher.
12*+2 Phases Digital Twin Power Design
- Digital PWM Controller delivers appropriate voltage to the CPU
- With 12+2 Phases 50A DrMOS, each power phase connects to the CPU and provides more balanced and efficient power delivery. With capability to handle up to 700 Amps current in a total
- All-solid capacitors to improve transient response and minimize oscillation
- 24pin+8pin solid pin CPU power connectors
B550 AORUS ELITE V2 motherboard uses a 12+2 phases Digital Twin Power Design which includes PWM controller, DrMOS and Ferrite core choke as high quality selected components. The 100% digital controller offers incredible precision in delivering power to the motherboard’s most power-hungry and energy-sensitive components, allowing enthusiasts to get the absolute maximum performance from 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors.
* 6+6 Phases parallel power design
1. Intersil Digital PWM Controller
2. 12+2 Phases Digital Twin Power Design with 50A DrMOS
3. All-Solid Capacitors
4. 8 Solid Pin CPU Power Connector
2X Copper PCB
GIGABYTE’s exclusive 2X Copper PCBs design provides sufficient power trace paths between components to handle greater than normal power loads and to remove heat from the critical CPU power delivery area. This is essential to ensure the motherboard is able to handle the increased power loads that is necessary when overclocking.
GIGABYTE realizes that customer won’t stop chasing a better computing performance. We take care of it and implement on products. Protective and optimized memory trace enhances the performance. Faster read and write are needed to save time and improve efficiency. We offer plenty of M.2 storage with thermal guards to ensure unthrottled read and write. In advance, adopting PCIe 4.0 ready components gets the B550 motherboards easier to upgrade.
Memory Layout—Daisy Chain Design
With the optimized daisy-chain routing, the B550 motherboard provides a proven speed of DDR4-4000MHz and beyond with high density memory modules*. Optimized daisy-chained routing eliminates the stub effect, pushes the one DIMM per channel in dual channel interleaving mode to hit higher memory frequencies, providing professional gamers a denser and faster system memory experience.
* Performance may vary in circumstances. Please refer to the QVL list for detail support information.
Single 32GB Support
With populated 2 DIMMs per channel on GIGABYTE B550 motherboards, the maximum memory capacity support is 128GB. For users who always run out of memory capacity, they are able to enjoy more bandwidth now for memory-intensive application such as rendering and video editing.
PCIe 4.0 Hardware Design
1. PCIe 4.0 Slot
PCIe 4.0 x16 slot with faster bandwidth and lower impedance.
2. M.2 PCIe 4.0 Slot
M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 slot with lower impedance.
* Product uses PCIe 4.0 grade material. Actual support varies by hardware configuration
Dual NVMe M.2 PCIe SSDs in RAID 0 Support
Performance with PCIe 4.0 x4 + PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe PCIe SSDs
B550 AORUS motherboards offer the industry’s best compatibility in terms of NVMe storage for users who demand high capacity and seek the best performance. AORUS’ unique design can be configured in RAID for record speeds of up to 6560 MB/s (Sequential Read), making AORUS the obvious choice for the ultimate PC.
ADVANCED THERMAL SOLUTION
Unthrottled performance is guaranteed by the advanced thermal solution which includes Enlarged Heatsinks, High Quality Thermal Conductivity Pads and Thermal Guards. B550 motherboards make MOSFETs and M.2 SSDs cool even at full loads. It provides lower temperatures for enthusiasts, overclockers and professional gamers.
1. Enlarged Surface Heatsinks
2. 5 W/mK Thermal Conductivity Pad
By using 5 W/mK high thermal conductivity pads, it can transfer 2.7x more heat as compared to traditional thermal pads in the same time.
3. M.2 Thermal Guard
Built-in M.2 thermal guard heatsink helps the high-speed, large capacity PCIe 4.0/3.0 SSDs to prevent overheat throttling and performance bottlenecks.
With durability in mind, GIGABYTE provides a thermal solution for M.2 SSD devices. The M.2 Thermal Guard prevents throttling and bottlenecks from high speed M.2 SSDs as it helps to dissipate heat before it becomes an issue.
Thermal Throttling as Temperature Rises
Smart Fan 5
With Smart Fan 5 users can ensure that their gaming PC can maintain its performance while staying cool. Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange their fan headers to reflect different thermal sensors at different locations on the motherboard. Not only that, with Smart Fan 5 more hybrid fan headers that support both PWM and Voltage mode fans have been introduced to make the motherboard more liquid cooling friendly.
Hybrid Fan Pin Headers
Assume complete control over your liquid cooling setup! Smart Fan 5 receives up-to-the-second information on flow-rate and water-temperature through the Hybrid Fan Pin Headers, giving you absolute mastery over your PC.
All Hybrid Fan Headers can automatically detect the type of cooling device whether it be fan or pump with different PWM or Voltage mode.
Intelligent Fan Control Design
Achieve fan silence. With Fan Stop, map any fan to stop completely when temperatures drop below a specified threshold. Which fan stops, based on readings from which sensor, and at what temperature—all of it can be customized to your liking.
New Smart Fan 5 Software
Choose from different modes, Quiet to Full Speed, to match your system usage preferences.
For each fan or pump, you can use the intuitive fan curve to define trigger thresholds and corresponding fan speeds.